jsb3t asked in TravelUnited StatesAustin · 1 decade ago

I heard Austin is a great City. Do you agree and why?

• Favorite Answer

I couldn't agree more. Austin is a big city, with the small city feel. Most people there are extremely friendly. It's a city obsessed with being outside so theres always something to do. It's a very open city, with a large GLBT community, very liberal. Since UT is in Austin, theres a young crowd always keeping up with whats new. Also being the live musical capital of the world, theres ALWAYS some where to go at night. They also hold ACL and SXSW which are two of the biggest concert events in the USA.

Having lived in Austin for five years I would agree. But that is not all, Austin gets such a great reputation because it is located in Texas (as we all know , no one wants to live in Texas). There are other cities that have Austin's personality but what makes Austin really fun is it's weather, although the summer can get pretty oppressive, I miss having a garden year round.

I live near Houston ,but we've visited Austin several times and it's a neat old town.

yea i just flew in an hour ago i love it

no i dont agree