Lightheadedness?

For 6 mos I have extreme lightheadness. CT scan fine. Just now blood work came back with RBC SLIGHTLY low (3.8 in range of 4.0-5.40). Iron ok (in normal range but on a bit lower side), ferritin good, B12 high(1107) range ending at 900. Could lightheadedness be somehow related? anybody going through this? I am menopausal at 42 so loss of blood this way is not an option (LOL). I have also stomach aches & belching that bother me. Upper GI Scans show slight GERD (occasional) with wide hiatus, but interestingly NO HERNIA! Any help is appreciated. Ido have a Dr. appt after Thanksgiving.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Has your doctor checked you for heart arrhythmia? Basically, that term covers several different types of irregular heartbeats. Arrhythmia can come and go throughout the day, and when it comes, it can play havoc with your blood pressure, and rapid changes in blood pressure will cause you to feel light-headed. It is a very common condition, and there are several treatment options. The first step may be to wear a Holter monitor for a few days to keep an ongoing record of your heartbeats. Your doctor would then analyze the data to see what's going on. Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You did not mention what your blood pressure was-or when the lightheadedness occurs. Any weight loss or any other changes? Respond w/ a little more info and you might get some answers to help.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

low blood pressure can cause dizzy head you didnt mention that,ask your doc to take your blood pressure x

• 1 decade ago

sounds like you have anemia , could be blood pressure problems It may all be stress and nerves plus depression!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.