blah asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i need help..desperately!?

thts it.. Ive lost all hope. I just dont know wht to do to lose weight. Im 17yrs old 80 kgs (176 pounds) and 5ft3 (160 cms) I cant stop thinking abt how fat ive become and i just dont have the willpower to do anything.. i hate dieting and i really hate working out.. i know my problem is mostly in the motivation part but i dont trust myself anymore with any sort of plan cause i cant keep up wit it. Im giving it one last shot.. if it doesnt work after this im really quitting thinking abt it..please help!

• Favorite Answer

I have fought weight issues all my life. The only way to win is to accept your weakness and turn it into a power. You control your life. It does not control you.

Coach

If you really try hard, I'm sure you can do it. Listen just cut your calorie intake by 500 calories and try to walk at your own pace for like 45 mins everyday. Just do that for a couple of weeks and see if there is any difference, if there is then you can start stepping it up a bit and little by little you can do it. The most important thing is to remember that you can not loose weight all at once and that you have to be consistent and patient. Try not to get frustrated with the slow weight loss process and keep it up. If you eat something you are not supposed to, don't just throw it all away and forget about it, forgive yourself and continue eating healthy from then on. I know you can do it, because I'm doing it and I love sweet things. Also if you are an emotional eater try to deal with your feelings instead of indulging with food. Good luck honey!

The first step is to moderate yourself..rather than eating big portions of food, eat only the serving size. Also eat less fattening foods and more vegs. and fruits. Excercise can be done in a lot of different ways rather than just working out in a gym. If u like basketball, baseball, or any other sport ingage in daily activity involving that. Even walking for to and from school can really impact you alot. You don't nessacaryily have to diet but moderating yourself would benefit you a lot.

You are setting yourself up to fail when you give up before you even start. Half of the battle is won when you make up your mind to win. Have you consulted you Dr. to have him help you with the right diet/exercise plan? You can do this! Stay strong & give it your all. And remember, you do not have to be a skinny mini, you just need to achieve healthiness. Good luck!