In the world of science, who do you believe is the most important scientist of all time.?

I realize that this will be difficult because the field is so huge. Please limit yourself to one choice. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

I don't think you can pick one, but if forced to it would almost unquestionably have to be Aristotle because without him science as we think of it would not exist (well, it would because some other guy like Aristotle would have come along).

This is a question that has no answer. It is like asking someone to pick

the all time great football team, only worse. How do we compare the

achievements and influence of people who worked in so many very different

areas of science, in so many different cultural contexts, over a period of

more than 2000 years? I would say Aristotel if you want me to limit to one person but you should read the source for some interesting information

This question cannot no be answered. All scientists share their ideas and discoveries... which evolve with later scientists. All scientists learn from one another. It is a chain reaction.

Issac Newton, Max Planck, Albert einstein etc...

and their will be many more scientists in the future who will contribute to what we already know but have not yet discovered.

• eri

Hard to pick, especially since I should PROBABLY pick on of the orginial scientists - since everything has been based on their work.

But I'll go with a recent one instead - Norman Borlaug. He won the Nobel prize around 1970. He's saved a billion lives through high-yeild crops.

What have YOU done with YOUR life?

The scientist who did the original search rather than research. all present day scientists may be discovering great theories and much more tech saavvy products but the one who fathered all the basic sciences to give basic platform for further research is ISSAC NEWTON .

He was the one who had introduced the concept of wave particle duality, optics, heat, thermodynamics, gravity , mechanics etc. everywhere u go and you foind his name to start with.

God but that probably doesn't count (it should). If I had to pick a person then that would be a good question... I would say whoever figured out how to farm WAAAAY back in the day because then people no longer had to keep moving with animals and allowed cities/towns/civilization to form.

There probably isn't actually a correct answer but if I had to choose someone, it would be Gallileo. He helped to cast doubts about religion, which held back scientific discovery.

Isaac Newton.

just an admirer of his work and discoveries.

he is a great scientist and becoz of him and his analogies and ideas, science became ever more interesting to me and opened my eyes.

The guy who invented the wheel.

• Stem cell research.

Coach