In the world of music, who do you believe is the single most important person.?

As tough as it may be, please limit your answer to only one. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

since you weren't specific about the person being alive or dead, i'll have to give two answers.

1. dead - mozart because he's mozart. musical prodigy who at the age of 5 had already written his first opera. just amazing to me.

2. alive - afrika bambatta because without him there wouldn't be hip hop. i'm referring to hip hop in it's true 4 elements form. not the crap you hear on the radio nowadays.

well i think the most important person is the one who never for gets that music is a way of expressing how you feel but at the same time know that when the music is played on the air waves and people in general sometimes imitate the lyrics so if they speak conscious for the younger generation in a positive way then they are the number one person to me

• Phil S

I dont think there is one these days, as music has evolved into so many genres, tons of record companies, record companies not even needed sometimes, etc.

Most important person in the last 30 years was Eddie Van Halen. He revolutionized rock and rock guitar.

• marie

Neil Young. I can only speak for myself. Single most musical influence in my life and many others.

Ok...The Beatles. I think they served as a single person for awhile, and they influenced everyone, even working today.

Frank Sinatra. No one will ever have that voice, that emotion in his singing and that style that he had. He influenced generations of young artists. They'll just never be another Francis Albert Sinatra.

Clive Davis!!

• sglmom

NONE living. Absolutely none -- they can't even begin to compare to the classical composers like Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and others.

Source(s): NONE. It is just the truth. The ones working now do not have the raw talent and beauty of their music like the classical composers did.

Simon Cowell.