Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

what to do when u live into the shadow of your older sister?

'look at your sister'...

i am not jealous! i just keep being compared, and i hate it!

• Lynn K
    Favorite Answer

We all live in somebody's shadow. Whether it's a sibling older or younger, an aunt or neighbour, there is always someone that you will be compared to. This isn't unusual, it's a fact of life. I know it's not "fair" but the reality is "how you react to it" that matters. If you use it to feel sorry for yourself, you are allowing it to defeat you. If you let it inspire you to do better or to improve yourself then you've beaten it. You will never been as good or as pretty or as smart as your sister. You will however be different from her. She might learn to play the piano while you learn to climb mountains, you will both experience the music just in different ways.

I know what you mean, you probably can not get a word or action in if you tried. We have it in our family as well. Would you think that someone would tell that sister, that you also exist and need to shine in your own right. Here they are so opinionated on everything, and so busy expressing it the other person is inclined to give up any reply or action since it is going to be a reaction to the nonsence they are dishing, out. I hope you will get a good answer on this! To say the least your sister is inconsiderate.

Just be yourself! You have your own beauty, personality and intelligence.

She's older but she goes through the same doubts that you do. (She just may not say so.) I'm the older sis of three girls. I just recently found out about jealous feelings my next-younger sis had when we were younger. There was no reason for her to have been jealous. I didn't feel as smart and pretty as she thought I was at the time. ( I was as insecure as anyone else just starting to date). I actually think she was the beautiful one. I probably wouldn't have told her that at the time though. When I started to date, she thought I was living a fairy-tale. I was just as unsure of myself as she was of herself, maybe even more so.

So just be yourself. We usually see our faults more than we see our good points. Other people see us in a different way. Just think about how you see other people. Do you notice the same faults as your best friend sees in herself? You probably think she is overreacting. Relax. I'm sure you are seen in a much more favorable view by others.

nicely, it does look there is one difficulty you're rather stable at and that's coaching! Who has taught your sister the thank you to do lots of what she does? I guess it became you. you're so close to to the comparable age team, that that's inevitable which you will finally end up with shared acquaintances. do no longer permit your self get so disillusioned. you choose a movie nighttime by utilising your self. Watch "27 outfits" i think of you will get it. and don't stop attempting new issues, you will never comprehend which would be "Your" difficulty to polish in.

be proud of your sister and not jealous cos jealousy will make things worse .. but that doesnt mean you should follow everything she does ... just be ur own self and be happy for her ... it wont take a lot of time for you to come out on ur own

Just be YOU.

Find something you are very good at and EXCEL at it.

If everyone was like your sister, how boring would THAT be?

take 1

Try to be your own person, find your own personality be unique. Be happy with what you do.