Is now a good time to purchace new home in Texas?

Favorite Answer

If the options are purchase v rent, and you plan on staying in the home at least 4 yrs... then yes, it's a good time to purchase a home.

If your question is "It's getting to be the holiday seasons - is it a good time" Then yes, it's the best time to PURCHASE.

If your question is "I want to buy a house with little down and have a renter pay it for me" Then I hope you have deep pockets. You'll be upside down for a few years and will have to supplement the rent to cover the mortgage.

If your question is "Prices are dropping where my investment homes are - where will I be sure to get positive value appreciation for the next ten years or so" then yes, Texas has had steady 3-5% appreciation per year for a long time. Do your 1031 to Texas. Don't expect to get 20% jumps in value per year - I know some sellers are promising that to get investors to buy here.

Source(s): 14 yrs San Antonio Realtor

it is always a good time to purchase a house if you are debt free