Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Does Tricare pay for the cost of an abortion?

i'm about 6 weeks pregnant from the first day of my last period and i've decided to get an abortion. one of my friends referred Atlantic Women's Medical Services, Inc. as a good place. i have medical care with TRICARE. can i use TRICARE to pay for the abortion?

Favorite Answer

Please look at these websites before you have an abortion. No I am not being mean, I think people need to know everything about abortions BEFORE they have one. If you can look at all this and then decide you still want one, be my guest.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources/monica/ind...

http://abortionismurder.org/HTML/I-E-1-profit.html

http://www.abortiontv.com/Pics/AbortionPictures1.h...

http://www.silentscream.org/video1.htm

Tricare doesn't cover dental, but you can get dental through Tricare with a company called United Concordia. It costs about 10-12 dollars a month if it's just one dependent, and the co pays are 20/80, you paying 20% and concordia paying 80% and covers up $1200 a fiscal year (for one dependent, I would imagine the limit is higher for more then one, but I wouldn't know the number off the top of my head) Tricare does cover Adjunctive Dental care, which still confuses me but you can look the term up. And is where they got the part about Tricare only covering dental emergencies. So the idiots were more or less right, but they should have mentioned United Concordia.

• I really doubt that an insurance company will pay for an abortion. I would call and ask them first.

I do believe that in some cases an abortion clinic can help you get financial assistance but only in really bad cases.

You can take the abortion pill up to 8 weeks or you can have a surgical abortion as well. The price goes up the futher along you get into your pregnancy.

Visit this clinic online http://www.kcrh.com

(You may be close to this clinic) The price of the abortion pill and surgical abortion up to 8 weeks from the first day of your last period is $475.00 at the above website/clinic

Every woman has the right to choose and i assume you have really thought this through. I wish you the best of luck. Take care.

What made you just decide to get an abortion??? That baby has a heart beat and can feel pain. That is NOT the right answer. The baby didnt ASK to be concived nor is he/she ask to be MURDERED!!! Do you know what they do to abort babies??? Guess not. I think you need to do some SERIOUS research on what your about to do. I think getting someone else to pay for the abortion should be the LEAST of your worries. Why dont you try birth control next time??? There are so many couples that want to have a baby but cant. They will pay for everything for you to have the baby. ADOPTION not ABORTION.

insurance will only pay for an abortion if it is deemed a medical necessity to save your life..

Since this is not that kind of situation, you will have to pay for the abortion out of your own pocket..

Abortion=murder.

Would it kill you to put the baby up for adoption so it will still have a chance at life? Don't say it isn't living when at about 4 weeks the little heart starts beating. If you do get an abortion then you'll have emotional problems later....

Source(s): 13 year old expecting mother
  • Blondi

Insurance only pays for it if its medically necessary. Not if you plan on killing your baby just because you decided you want to. There has to be a health problem.

• .vato.

No. Tricare will only pay for abortions that threaten the mothers life.

The military limits what they offer and who they offer it to. You'll have to find someone else and pay for it yourself if you really feel it's necessary.

I really hope that you will reconsider this decision.

You decided to have sex, and this is the outcome of your fun night, it is not fair to your unborn baby that you are now going to take his/her life away. There are so many people who want babies and can't, and here you are just going to abort it. There are people out there who would want your baby.

I don't think insurance does, so you may have to pay out of pocket. However, most hospitals have low income programs that will cover the cot even if your insurance doesn't. Good luck.