what does humilaty mean to you?

• cindy
    Favorite Answer

To me, Humility is the knowledge that I am nothing without my creator.

My every breath is given to me on a daily basis from God.

When I forget that I am his creation, I begin to rely on my own self will and thoughts and desires, and that is when I get into trouble with pride and hurtful words come from my lips.

Humility also means knowing that I will never truely achieve it. For once I think I have, I will have pride, and therefore, once again have to come to God on my knees asking for forgiveness.

It means not biting back when I get rude service knowing I have the upper hand being the client. It means thanking people who do the little things for me everyday that the rest of us ignore, like cleaners and fast food crews. And apologising when I know I should be.

Humility is realisation that you are but a mere mortal who cant live in isolation. That you are no greater or smaller than the other people & that everyone deserves the respect that you would like to get & treating each one as well as you would treat god.

• Sunman

True pride is the recognition of personal worth and integrity,true humility is the recognition that all other beings possess these,too.

basically it means to have the courage admit when you are wrong

and except the pure driven truth of God.