BASIC computer... what is it called?

My mom has a VERY basic computer... well, its not really a computer at all, its just used for internet and email. What is it called? Im looking to buy her a new one (she has one of the first ones that ever came out), but I dont know what its called or where to look. She does NOT want a PC (Dell, EMachines, Gateway), just the same thing that she has, which is ONLY for internet and email. Can anyone help me?

• Chic
    Favorite Answer

Internet TV Go to the website I list below

Look for the words "Barebones" in the description.This is a low end basic computer.Regardless weather your mom wants a "named" computer or not you get what you pay for.Out of these 3 names you listed(Dell, EMachines, Gateway) you have very few options out there.What you really need to be concerned with is the price....not the name.You can get a basic computer from any of the above mentioned places for less than $400.00.

Like it or not places like Curcit City or Best Buy or Compusa sell these name brand computers.So throw the "name" shopping out the window and go with the price.I hope this helps.

I seen one at Circuit City I am not positive what it is called either try their website.