Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

I quit taking valium, cold turkey, about 6 months ago. Itwas/is horrible - the withdrawals...?

Thing is, I still don't feel right, my thinking is very scattered, my emotions blunted. Is this permanent? I had been on the drug for 5 yrs. Will I ever get back to my ol self (whoever that may be.....)?

Favorite Answer

Interesting question. I have been on xanax for 20 years, guess I'm not looking to good either.

I know of no studies that have been done on long term effects of such drugs, I would gander you still have emotional problems that the Valium did a good job of masking. I have never heard of such complaints from ex valium users. Check webmd.com and see what they say.

• Chic

You probably should not have stopped cold turkey. Rather you should have gradually reduced the amount you take. I'm sure you will get back to normal again. (whatever that was)

What you need to do now is feed your cells with knowledge of nature and animals...and how things work, factor in some time and you'll be good as new.

Source(s): Big brother.

it takes time, but you'll get back to normal. i've been there.

6 months is not that long.

i"m not a doctor,but maybe what you need is to get on a anti-depressant.