Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 decade ago

How can I turn my off headlights on my 2002 GMC sierra while driving?

I need to turn my headlights off while approaching gates at military base manned by ARMED gards. They don't like to be blinded by headlights. Makes people nervous.

I need to turn them off temporarily at night to avoid blinding security guards mannig a gate that I need pass through at night.

Favorite Answer

To temporarily disable your daytime running lights, push your dome lights button 4 times fairly quickly. You should hear a chime on the fourth push, now your DRL system is diabled untill you turn off the car. You can now use headlight switch as you normally would when approaching the gates. Easy, cheap and safe.

2002 Gmc Sierra

02 Gmc Sierra

The headlights are built to stay on while the engine is running. Its a safety upgrade and its on most all late model cars and trucks.

As for the armed guards at the gate, I suspect they would get ready to shoot any vehicle approaching them with no lights on. They might think its a terrorist attack and shoot you.

What you need to do is dim the headlights or use the parking lights when approaching the guard gate.

Ask the guards at the gate how they would like you to handle it.

You should contact the manufacturer. I know a lot of cars are now set up for headlights to be on all the time, as a safety feature. GMC should be able to answer this question the best. good luck

Disconet The Wire That Turns Them On . Only The One That Turns Them On In Daylight

The headlights are outfitted to outlive jointly as the engine is working. Its a secure practices improve and its on maximum all overdue kind automobiles and autos. As for the armed guards on the gate, i think they might get waiting to shoot any automobile coming near them without lighting fixtures on. they might think of its a terrorist attack and shoot you. What you're able to do is dim the headlights or use the parking lighting fixtures whilst coming near the shield gate. Ask the guards on the gate how they might such as you to shelter it.

your supposed to turn the headlights to the parking light switch. DRL are not bright enough to effect the guards if that is what your referring to

• ?

Mount a toggle switch into the power wire going to the head light switch. Have fun day

Source(s): experince

well then ur only option is not to drive that car they are refered to as running lights and as ling as the engine is on then the lights are going to be on ...ur only option is to get out ur owners manual and look for the fuse box placement chart it willl tell you which fusae is for the running lights and headlight and u could just pull the fuse during the daylight hours