What kind of dress should I wear at the prom?

I'm opened to suggestions......

Favorite Answer

depends on your preferences and body type, but I personally like simpler dresses than the froofy things you can find in department stores. I think the Victoria's Secret catalog tends to have nice ones, or the Dessy group's are really nice, but are probably pricey, but you could look for something similar. I don't know if you have the same tastes as me, but if the dress is all sparkles and poufs you'll look back on your prom picture and think, "what the heck?" trust me. :)

http://www.dessy.com/

http://www.victoriassecret.com

Are you thin and feminine or big and tomboyish? I'm in between, and if you are too, then wear a classic black skirt. To pair that off, black ballet flats (you've got to feel comfortable whilst dancing!) and an off-the-shoulder maroon top. Maybe you're a thin and feminine kind of girl, and if you are, then you can work it with an ocean blue dress, that sort of floats and hugs your body. It has to compliment your body shape though, otherwise it'll look strange. I'll bet you can wear modernized pearls and do your hair the cute, upswept way and you'll get more than a couple steamy praises! Good luck with your prom night and make sure to look and feel comfortable; that's the key!

It might be useful to read everyone's suggestion, but then try on a number of dresses to see how they look on you. People try to be helpful, but no one really knows how something will look on you. Plus you have to be comfortable with what you're wearing. I thinks it's good advice to wear what makes you feel good about yourself.

A red dress with rimestones on it with a spilt in the front and the back is open.

If you have a large body wear somthing long with slaght sleeves but if not wear a spagetti straped sort dress purple is flattiring

u should look at magazines or ask jeves just tipe i the word prom dresses and he will give u some ideas good luck.

old navy has really really cute dresses!

and there only 26 $

or try forever 21 they have eligent dresses also.

or you should try...macy or jc penny.

were somthing lacey and pretty curl your hair and use bronzer or blush too make you look so perfect that youll look like a baby doll!

all the boyes will remember you!

forget about mini skirtes and stripless topes...

those are for hoes!^_^

Source(s): i suggest oldnavy. www.oldnavy.com

You could do a retro Audrey Hepburn theme with a thick headband, (retro, funky fabric) bun, classic black dress with some colorful heels to add some pizzaz to ur outfit! good luck!

well it depends on the type of person you are..

if your classy and sophisticated then i would say the dress should be a strappless black, white, or red dress

if your outgoing and luv having fun i would say bright blue, green, pink, yellow, orange halter dress

if your shy then i would say a pastel color skinny strap dress that comes up to your knees

hope u find the perfect one

• jen

Nordstrom's website has a wonderful tool where you can choose your occasion, dress silhouette etc...

Ah, here is a link.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/2374331/0~2376776~2374...