Is there an inexpensive way change which wall outlet is turned on by the wall switch?

I have a light switch that is connected to an electrical outlet on the west side of the room. The problem is that I need the light on the east side of the room. It would be unsightly and unsafe to run an extension cord across the room because it would cross a doorway. Any suggestions? Some sort of infrared... show more I have a light switch that is connected to an electrical outlet on the west side of the room. The problem is that I need the light on the east side of the room. It would be unsightly and unsafe to run an extension cord across the room because it would cross a doorway. Any suggestions? Some sort of infrared switch or something conencted to the lamp perhaps? Is there such a thing?
Update: Because of the archway, it would be very difficult and expensive to re-route the wires in the wall.