what is the best way to clean dirty mirrors?

I am cleaning a new home model that has construction dust all over the mirror, what is the best way to avoid streaking?

• Janna
    Favorite Answer

The best thing I discovered is Steam (from your iron) and a squeegee

Crumple up a page or two of newspaper in one hand to form a ball.

Spray your mirror with Windex.

Using the newspaper, wipe your mirror clean (note that it is best to wipe only in one direction or the other - either up and down or from side to side - to avoid streaking).

Mix part vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Use newspaper to whip it off. Dust the mirror off first, If you have a shop vac then use it first (so that the dust gets sucked up and will not land back on the glass). Whipping the dust off could scratch the glass.

Wash off the excess dust first. Then clean with crumpled paper and a vinegar and water solution or Windex.

crumple an old newspaper and dip it to the water,

then wipe it on the entire mirror. after that

get another newspaper but this time dont get it wet,

then wipe the dry newspaper on the mirror for the finish cleansing.

and Voila your mirror will say the truth..

I constantly use water and vinegar and then dry with scrunched up newspaper. it somewhat is in all probability a stupid question regardless of the undeniable fact that it is not the backing on the replicate it is making it seem grimy is it? as quickly as this fades you are able to in no way do something approximately it different than replace the replicate.

wipe of all the dust with a clean dry rag and then when all the dust is gone, get good guality glass cleaner and evenly apply and clean. clean down to bottom of mirror. dont clean in circles or it wont dry, and you will have spots. its happened to me before. my chore is to clean the bathroom!

Source(s): my knowledge

I have never had good luck with windex, always get streaks. What seems to work best is vinager and water, and then wipe with newspapers. Also to allivate streaks, you can also spray alcohol on it, and wipe, if you miss any, it evaporates, and leaves a streak free shine.

Use a glass cleaner like "Windex" and use newspaper. Newspaper when wet doesn't streak.

I've also heard that window cleaner and coffee filters work without streaking.

wipe off dust first with dry cloth...then clean with glass cleaner