How can you make iced tea unclouded?

cloudy tea

Favorite Answer

I hope this helps you out some:)!:

Secrets To Making Clear Tea

When tea steeps, tannins (the natural compounds that color tea leaves) are released into the boiling water. The heat helps dissolve them, and the brew is clear enough to see through. Refrigeration can cause tannins to separate out again, turning the tea murky. Generally, higher-quality tea contains more tannins (because it is richer in solids) and is more likely to become cloudy.

Hard water can also make your iced tea cloudy. Also the minerals in your water could be causing the cloudiness. Try using bottled or filtered water and let the tea stand at room temperature for an hour after steeping.

Do not use cold water (use room temperature water).

Do not add ice to hot tea, only add the ice cubes to your drinking glass and then pour the tea over the ice cubes.

Do not put it straight into the refrigerator after it's made. Let it cool at room temperature first. THEN put it in the fridge. Cooling too fast makes the tannin settle out, causing cloudy tea.

If the tea turns murky in the refrigerator, add a cup of boiling water to one quart of tea - it should clear up the cloudiness. Remember, it will also dilute the tea, so add less ice.

Well there is a few ways to do it I don't know what kind of tea you like to use but I use Lipton Iced ted bags or the regular. If I use the cool brew I just take ice water then put 4 tea bags in and let it stand in the fridge for about 1 hr.. if you like it sweet then add sugar to the ice water first and stir to mix well then add the tea bags. If you use the coffee pot to make Ice tea what I do is take ice water and put it in the coffee pot and I take 3 lg ice tea bags and let it run throw the coffee pot but make sure you use ICE COLD WATER!!! that is the key!! then I let it cool and add it to my sweet water.. hope this helps I have never had a complaint about my ice tea!! LOL

• Angell

I use Lipton Tea decaffeinate, I use bottled water and make sun tea. I only heat tea when I want hot tea. I found by heating tea for ice tea, it always came out cloudy and never lasted long {ended up throwing it away because it tasted bad}. Don't have any complaints on my Sun Tea though.

Maybe the problem lies with how long that you leave the tea bag in. You should try Liptons Cold Brew. No heating necessary. It brews with cold water.

Purists don't hate me, but I like the bag, it's easier. I've been trying to convert to loose leaf for over three years, but bags are more convenient.

Peppermint tea with lemon and honey.