Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

If My Guinea Pig loses his teeth 2 times will this be the last time he''ll have teeth?.?

He's lost them 2 times already .I just want to know if this is his last set.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Is your piggy loosing them or breaking them off, guinea pigs teeth continuously grow, and they will grow back. A nutritious diet and adequate vitamin C will help them grow strong. Broken teeth or teeth that are falling out. A cavy living on a poor diet can be vulnerable to broken teeth, especially if the diet is deficient in vitamin C, which is essential for bone and tooth growth.

*** Note****

Please see listed link for more help.

http://www.guinealynx.info/index.html

Source(s): Rescuer for Have-A-Heart is a guinea pig rescue http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/haveaheart.html
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Did they supply him some discomfort alleviation? I think of it would injury alot and eating would in effortless terms make it injury greater, the gums are in all threat fairly purple and aggravated too. i'd have asked approximately giving him some metacam (discomfort alleviation), possibly you will desire to ring back and quiz them approximately no rely if or no longer he would desire to have it. Buttercup became on 0.14ml of metacam thrice an afternoon for 3 days and then 2 cases an afternoon for 4 days because of the fact we suspected she became in discomfort, in the top the vet did no longer comprehend what it became however the discomfort has because of the fact subsided. How is he eating and eating? If he's no longer eating and eating you choose handy feed him. severe Care is wonderful, truthfully that's a supplement and works nicely with ill guinea pigs because it provides them an urge for nutrition, you will desire to make it right into a tea concentration. it relatively is a sturdy theory to apply severe Care in spite of no rely if he's eating or no longer, only to sooth each and every thing and to offer him an urge for nutrition. His tooth would desire to advance back farely without delay, i'm only aggravating that he can no longer consume and drink actual.

• 1 decade ago

Guinea pigs dont lose their teeth as far as I am aware, they merely grind them down because they grow constantly, and a lack of the right food means they will overgrow and have to be clipped by a vet!

• 1 decade ago

Piggies only lose teeth from not getting any vitamin C.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have no idea i have them, but they never loose their teeth.

if i where you i would call the vet, if not go see one

Good Luck

<3 brittany

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.