Hey Southern Baptists...What have you done for us today?

Here is part of an article that appeared earlier this week in Earthtimes.org, How do you feel about it? I personally feel like the North Carolina Baptist Convention is made up of a bunch of bigoted, racist, elitist, hypocrites.

"North Carolina Baptists approve anti-gay policy

Author : Pat Fryer

GREENSBORO, North Carolina: The Baptist State Convention of North Carolina decided by a vote Tuesday to expel Baptist churches offering membership to gays and end its relations with congregations that support or approve of homosexuality. The vote amounts to adoption of a major policy that will allow the group to probe members for their orientation.

The North Carolina convention includes more than 4,000 member churches and nearly 1.2 million members. It is the second largest state body that is affiliated to the national Southern Baptist Convention. The latter has already approved a similar policy a decade ago. "

Favorite Answer

I go to a Baptist Church in Georgia and also attend Calvary Chapel Heartland. This stuff is plain silly. It should be obvious that when Jesus said to enter into the narrow gate he did not mean the Baptist Convention Stadiums. If you are going to reject homosexuals then you are going to have to toss out heterosexuals who have committed adultery or had an impure thought (I'm gone then) Disrespectful to parents and above all there is this scripture they may have to choke on

Pro 6:16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Pro 6:19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I think that is the most loving thing a person to do for gays and churches that support gays. To let gays quietly live their lives without communicating the imminent danger they are in would be cold and heartless.

Other reasons? Umm, the Bible condemns homosexuality, read Romans chapter one for starters. The Baptists didnt make up this "policy", its in the Bible.

Good for the North Carolina Baptists. Sodomy is a sin, and anyone who flaunts a sin should not have fellowship with God-fearing people.

Should they also welcome someone who boasts of beating their wife, molesting a child, robbing, or murdering someone ? I think not.

Bigots, racists, hipocrites? No. Elitists? You bet. They are children of the Most High God, whom they serve. And they do not serve Him by consorting with people who are proud of their sinful ways, instead of repenting of their sins.

Again I say,"Good for the North Carolina Baptist Convention."

I'm also a southern baptist, and I also pity those people that you are speaking of. Not all Christians are like that. Not all Baptists are like that. Yes, it's a proven fact that people from the south are more likely to be racist, or be against homosexuality, but that doesn't mean that all of us are. I am neither a racist, nor against homosexuality.

I agree with it. I am not a southern baptist but I do approve of the move.

I believe that God is the Judge and he will decide the fate of certain churches. My daughter has a gay friend. Him being gay is between he and God. We should not judge.

Okay. I'm Baptist, and not all of us are bad people.

Because being Gay is WRONG>>> why do you allow this or even think that some one would allow this inside a Church....It is wrong to be Gay....

I pity them.