How long do I bake a 6 pound turkey breast in a glad oven bag?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's do one better, chuck the bag, 2 box's thawed frozen spinach, squeezed dry, 3 cloves garlic, chopped, S&P, 2Tbs Sweet paprika, 2tsp Thyme, 4Tbs soft butter, 1/4C of any roasted nut, throw all in a bowl, mix,mix,mix. Make a pocket between the skin and the breast and stuff the mixutre in. Heat your roasting pan over the stove add some Olive Oil to the bottom, S&P the outside of your bird and lay the breast skin side down,siizzzzzle.

Place a heavy skillet or two that will fit in the oven on the breast to weigh it down and slide it into a 350 oven. 1 Hour later, pull rest for 10min. slice and.......you didn't forget to make gravy did you?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The following Betty Crocker website says you should roast a 6 pound turkey breast at 325 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hours.

• 1 decade ago

You cook a turkey @ 350 for 15 - 20 minutes per pound, then add 15 - 30 minutes to the total cooking time so that would be about 2 1/2 hours.......Meat should register in thigh & breast @ about 165 degrees.....

• 1 decade ago

One (1) hour for every four (4) Lbs of Turkey.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Thats what i am having also a 6 pound breast. We are figuring 2and1/2 to 3 hours at 325.

• gypsy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

shouldnt take you more than 2 or 21/2 hours considering you leave it unstuffed. If you add stuffing allow more time for it to get done

• 1 decade ago

for every 4 pounds cook one hour

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think its 1/2 hr per pound,not sure though.soo id say about an hour or so

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I used a bag once... was not as good as without.

do not recommend it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.