Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

My best friend told me he likes me...?

But he also still likes a girl he used to go out with who is my best friend. He said he really loves me and cares about me but we've been friends for so long and I don't want to ruin our friendship! He's my best friend. What do I do? I do kind of like him and could imagine us being together but it might just be too awkward. What do I tell him? I don't even know how I feel myself. HELP!!!! I really don't want to hurt his feelings, it was so amzing of him to finally tell me...

Sorry, it's confusing but please, anyone, help me!!!

Favorite Answer

Trust me...It's not cofusing. I've been there...

IF your friendship is true, you can't destroy it. I actaully married my best friend and got a divorce 4 months later (she got raped the weekend before I made it to town, caused her to close up emotionally, I knew something was wrong but she tried to not let it interfere with our plans) we are still best friends.

I say, give it a shot. Just keep open communication on how you feel and things will work out.

If you don't want 2 ruin your friendship with him,just tell him 'can we just be friends 4 now?' once u really do feel like u can be together,tell him. Make sure u really want 2! Just think of the possibilities of u being together and the possibilites being friends.

He probably is confused, some guys cannot differenciate between friends and more than such...

give him a few weeks and see if he goes "back to normal"

if so all should be ok, if not i would lay down the law.

just take it easy, if u like him too then, ur friend may hate u later... dont go there coz its a friends ex. thats the best way, there will be plenty of people out there, but u cant lose good friends.

the age-old rule: best friends are off limits... friendships last so much longer than relationships (I believe, since he is already your best friend).

If you tell him you just wanna be friends, you might be friends forever, but if you guys go into a r/s and things don't work out it might ruin everything.

Alternatively, you CAN give it a shot, but always remember that being friends is always the most important.

I had family that been through this, It might work, my cousin and her bestfriend been friends for 3 yrs before they started messing with each other and now they engaged, and a baby, and living well. Sweety if you want it to work it will work. Just trust in each other

Tell him the truth. If you can't or not ready don't leave him hanging and don't play with his feelings. Be honest, you're best friends.

• you guys can go out and afterwards laugh about all the things you did together. many of us do that and STILL are friends. GOOD LUCK!

i think that he does not really still likes the other girl as its past events. i propose to u to talk to him try to sort out both urs and his feelins. if he really loves u and go ahead afterall freinship itself leads to love. if ur bf is not ur bestfreind then things will get really "AWKWARD"