Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Mother keeps saying i'm overweight what can i do?

My parents are overweight themselves but they keep saying "don't eat sweet stuff you're overweight already". I'm not , i'm fit and with defined abs, but what they say is making me feel bad and depressed. I keep looking at the mirror now, looking at muscles but because mother says i'm overweight i still think i'm fat.

Favorite Answer

eat healthy foods, be a vegetarian, and AVOID SWEETS

I don't know how old you are - how tall you are - or how much you weigh. But if you go to this website -

http://www.halls.md/chart/child-growth/pediatric.h...

it will show you if you are overweight or not. If you look at your age - sex - and height - it will tell you about where your weight should be. If you are in the 50th percentile or lower - you are definitely not overweight. And even if you are in the higher percentiles - you're still probably okay.

Show this chart - to your parents. If you are not overweight - tell them to stop making the comments and leave you alone regarding your weight. No matter what your Mom says - if the chart says differently - she's wrong. If it turns out that you are a little overweight - suggest that the ENTIRE FAMILY work together on losing some weight. You can start exercising together and preparing healthy meals together. It's your parents job to teach you good nutrition and serve you healthy foods. But - sometimes parents are not perfect. This may be YOUR chance to bring something very important to your family.... HEALTH!

Good luck!

Your parents should not be saying that at all. If you were actually overweight to the point where it was damaging your health, then they should help you find a solution, but this is not right. My best guess is that they may be jealous of you. I know that sounds weird, but you're young, in good shape, and have the rest of your life to do whatever you want. They are pretty much finished with free part of their lives and may very well be bitter. I know it isn't easy, but do your best to realize that your parents aren't always right, and that they make mistakes. Take care.

confident! tell her that! See what your well being care expert says approximately your weight, and making specific you're eating healthful ingredients! while you're relatively healthful then that's rather useful to talk to a counselor or something approximately your mom, because of the fact her comments would ultimately reason you to interrupt down! truthfully locate somebody else to talk to. Has your mom had problems with anorexia or different such illnesses? possibly that's why she's performing so unusual.

I think because they are overweight, they don't want you to be so they are saying this stuff so you don't get overweight. Don't let them do that to you and whatever you do, don't get anorexic or bulimic because of what they are saying. I know some people that have done that to change someone else's image of them. Just be happy with yourself, and you will be fine.

I think because they are fat they are afraid that you will be too. Not necessarilly. Do not let them hurt yourself esteem. Some parents can do that without knowing they are. Be open with them and tell them that it is hurting your feelings. If they feel you are overweight then ask them to take you to the doctor. This will put their concern and yours to rest.

sounds like your parents are refering thoughts of themselves onto you. You could try creating a family workkout/diet program. If your parents are willing to participate, tell them somthing like you need their support to stay in shape. maybe if they loose weigtht It will help. Sweets are bad for you in more ways than just making you fat. There are plentty of good things toeat that will help curve the sweets craviings....apples, carrots, grapes. Try freezing them for variety, yogurt. then include a few sweets every once in a while in moderation.

do not worry

you can just eat healthy with little sweets

you can eat sweet not on there site ok and be a member of one gym

just to let them be satisfied

Source(s): me i am a dietition
  • mane

exercise daily , play games , sports, keep yourself active

if u like swim daily its best exercise i know , dont over do or under do anything try to keep a balance.

good luck

Don't worry too much: do your work-ups regularly, go jogging/running, swimming, play games like basketball regularly. you will stay fit and in good shape!