Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

14 year old and birth control?

I found some prescribed birth control patches in my sisters room. She's 14 and not the best child. I was wondering, could she be having sex!? I heard that it helps periods. Could that just be it? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Tell your mother--I know that you should be in a way glad that she's on birth control if she's having sex, however, pills DO NOT protect her from any STDs when having sex. She should be informed about these things.

Why dont you just ask? A 14 yr old should not be having sex in the fisrt place. Not only that, there are alot of side effects of birth control and for a child to start so young can definetly increase it because of more time being on them. Yes, birth control do help regulate periods.

Birth control isn't the answer. Eating a well-balenced diet and getting a healthy amount of exercise is what you need. Just because you are being made fun of doesn't mean you should change yourself. You will develop over time, Give your body a chance to catch up and grow. You are young yet.

Are you that naive to think that a 14 yr old is immune to the curiosity of sex?

BTW...If she got it without parents knowing, it's for sex. Any other reason (help periods, better complexion) she would have probably felt ok asking them for it. Hopefully, she has someone to talk to that will tell her how be safe and not just say "Don't do it". A teen WILL do whatever, it's best to inform them instead of letting them loose with no info. Their only option after that is to go ask their friends. That's blind leading the blind.

i went on birth control when i was 11 yrs old, because it helped my periods... so that is probably the reason, but why are you snooping in your sister's room in the first place? just ask her, it doesn't mean she is having sex, but that is not so uncommon now days anyways, my sister is 14, and I'm 19, we talk about everything, just be honest with her, and ask her...

She is having sex. 14 is pretty young to be on birth control

She could be having sex. I started taking b.c. pills before I ever had sex to help my period. You should talk to her about it though and see why she has them. I don't know if the patches help periods, if you still wonder, maybe you can talk to your mom and see if she's aware that your sister has them.

well, it could be to control her period. but i would think if she were having a problem with her period your mother would have known about the birth control pills. but regardless of why she has them. you have no right snooping in her room. and you must have been really digging deep to find something, to have found them. stay out of her room!!!

As a mother of a daughter, I feel that once girls reach their period, they should be put on some form of birth control. NOT because I think they'll all start having sex, just because they should be protected in case they do, or in case something else happens to them.

It could be that your sister is on them to help with her period, or otherwise. Either way, it's her business.

the only way your gonna find out the truth is by asking her if your older than just have a sisterly conversation and ask her... let her know that if she is having sex that it isn't anything that she is missing out on because her day will come and if she isn't care full there are plenty of diseases and early pregnancy could happen just give her your advice on why she shouldnt be having sex at a early age.....

GOOD LUCK....