why are walt disney world tickets so expensive?

it seems to me that the price of admission to the theme parks has become very expensive, a 1 day pass is $67.00 for one park. fl residents dont even get a substantial savings. personally, i lived in the orlando fl area for quite some time and i have found that the racial demographics of the region are 2/1, the majority being non whites. is it possible that wdw sets a price to gain admission to keep their parks out of reach so to speak for the local residents? also, while visiting wdw non whites are few and far between, possiblly 1/400 guests are non white, i was just curious as to what some of your responces are, thank you .

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

As long as people are willing to pay the admission price, Disney will keep raising them.

And Florida residents can buy an annual pass.

• Manny
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

A) The insurance, light bill, and water bill are out of site for a place like that. Labor would be the biggest expense

B) They keep raising the prices to keep the park from becomming too congested. If the tickets were $20, There would be more than 4 times the number of people there, making it a rather horrible experience.

C) Why do you assume that only whites have the money for this and non-whites don't? That sounds like a rather racist stereotype. I'm white, do fairly well, but would be unable to afford a family vacation there.

D) Their entry fee is fairly competive with other parks of that size, but there is a premium for the Disneyness of the park (you won't find bubble gum or trash on the ground....and if you do, it's an annomoly that will soon be corrected. When you look at baby stuff, Onesies for instance, if it's just a normal pack at Wal-Mart in my area, it's $6.88 for a pack of 4....but if they are Winnie-the Pooh onsies, it's $6.88 for 3. Every Disney product has a premium associated with it.

• 4 years ago

The one thing Disney does is give a bigger discount the more days you stay. With the bigger discounts for people who stay 4 days or longer. Sometimes they give discounts to Florida Residents, or certain employers. But if you are not part of these groups you will probably not find a discount on the 1 Day ticket. As an alternative, if you think you will be going there at anytime in the future. You might want to look at a multiple day tickets with the No-Expiration option. This would mean that you could use your 1 day ticket now, and then the remaining days at anytime in the future. But you still have to buy at least 4 days to start to see any real savings with this method.

• 1 decade ago

Another reason a one day ticket cost so much is Disney discourages people from visiting for just one day. They would rather have guests stay for extended periods of time. This shows in the ticket prices as the longer you stay the cheaper the ticket. For example, a one day ticket costs $67.00 while 10 days costs $21.60 a day. Disney has lots of competition from Universal, Sea World and other amusement ventures in the Orlando area. The ticket pricing is a way to combat people from leaving the Disney property. Also, to say that 1/400th of the guests are non-white would be incorrect. Disney World attracts people from all over the world. It's a huge vacation destination with over 17,000,000 visitors a year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

because Disney can do it and if u rele think about it when u r vacation with the family you really shouldn't care about how much money u are spending. Disney to me is worth every penny. The experience of Disney just can't be topped. Every theme park in America is expensive. How do you think they are able to make new attractions and keep the park running and clean? the money that u give them gives them the power to do that.

Disney to me is an experience that can't be compared. and no matter what happens to those prices people will still come because it is a priceless moment when u r with the family.

also it has nothing to do about your race. if u are Caucasian u still pay the same price as a Hispanic, African American, Asia, and more. there is no special treatment for Caucasians if that is where u r trying to get to. Disney is about bringing everyone together like a big family not to seperate people just because of their race.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why does it matter what ethnicity the visitors are?

All amusement parks are overpriced. It's an issue they've been discussing in their industry. Some parks choose to continue to raise prices (Six Flags, Walt Disney World and Land). Other parks decided to lower costs this year. Cedar Point in Ohio lowered admission prices and the prices of some food. (Though the decision may have failed to spur ticket sales.)

People will complain, but they'll keep going. And if you can charge crazy stupid prices and still sell your product, you'd be an idiot not to. But at least some parks are listening to the complaints.

• 1 decade ago

first of all

over 75% that go to disney world are not florida residents

most florida residents have a life

i've been there and i kind of agree with what this guy is saying and it could have something to do the energy costs and labor costs all together. If you can't afford to go to disney world, don't go. That's it. Save your money- travel the world when you retire instead.

Source(s): Monster Movie Marathon
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They want money also they have to pay for expenses and there would be many more people if the prices were lower. But that syucks I think they should just have a limit on how many people an go there in one day so it's not too corwded. I say try another park

• 5 years ago

The luxury of going to a theme park nowadays seems only for the upper middle class and the rich. I wonder if Walt Disney was still alive how he feel about excluding patrons based on economics?

• 1 decade ago

Another reason they are so expensive and will keep going up, is that all jobs at Disney are union jobs. Wherever you have unions, you have high prices to maintain them. Just look at our automotive and airline industries, how unions are bringing them down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.