Ack! Shoes "sqeak" when I walk!?

I just bought new boots (which I LOVE!) the only issue is they "sqeak" (to put it politely) when I walk! I tried them with socks and without (they are sheep's wool inside and you can wear them either way). They fit me a tad big but I wouldn't be comfortable in a smaller size.

The sound is my foot rubbing on the wool. Any suggestions or do I have to just deal with it?

No bogus replies please, waste someone else's time!

ps...my feet aren't sweaty! It's the sound of friction (foot against wool)......maybe baby powder? or would that make it worse? maybe I could remove the liner on the bottom of the boot?

OKay! Mystery Solved! I taped down the wool inserts. It was the insert rubbing against the bottom of the boot! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Vaseline!

If the sound is the wool inside rubbing on your foot, and you've tried them with socks and without, maybe a shoe insert would work. Sort of nullifies the comfort of the wool insole, but might fix the squeak.

You could also try talcum powder in the boots to see if it has any effect on the sqeak.

your feet are swaeeting and that is why the boots are skeaking . you need ot wear them in colder weather