How to make house less dusty?

My house gets dusty REALLY quickly, and seems to have gotten worse recently. I literally seem to need to dust and vacuum the whole house every two or three days. I have radiator heat, so it's not anything blowing out of vents that is the problem. I DO have pets, but I've had them for years and only started having this problem recently. Does anyone know of reasons that dust would suddenly accumulate worse than usual? I can't keep up with it...help !!

Favorite Answer

change your air filter in your furnace or air conditioner.

In your furnace, you'll find a replaceable air filter. It needs to be changed at least annually if not more. If you check it and find that it looks like it's filled with dust, that would explain your problem. Any hardware store should carry replacement filters and they run up to about $25.

it may be that it has been building up over time in the fabrics and what not of the house.

or if you have a basement or attic,

prehaps a hole has devoped allowing the wind to blow it around

is there any new construction near you, that can be a big factor,

a standalone air purifier may do you well,

putting more water in the air may help keep the dust out of the air.

really depends on where you live and the amount of rainfall you get - exp. do you live on a dusty road, especially if no rain in a while, etc. - maybe you need to invest in a room "ionizer", the things that you run all the time, thought they are quiet, to clean the air in your home 24/7

Purchase a whole house filter and open the windows to get fresh air.

If you buy when of those ion dust particule removers it will help the dust stay down in your house.

evaluate your cleaning agents that you use, sometimes dust tend to cling to certain cleaners eg. certain furniture polish, go to www.melaleuca.com and view the home products yoy will be surprise at what you find

sounds like you have ectoplasm