Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 decade ago

Is it to late for a 5mth hyper yorkie to wear clothes?

How do I get her used to clothes and not chewing and trying to get if off of her???? Will she ever wear clothes normally?

Favorite Answer

Why oh why are you insiting on makeing her wear clothes???...Dog's are'nt born with fur just to look cute!..Get yourself a stuffed dog at a toy store and dress that up if you se feel a need to. Leave the poor dog alone. How you would like to be forced to wear fur all day over your clothes???

Dogs are born with fur for a reason, they are not meant to wear clothing. I have had Yorkies for thirty years, my present one, who is in the picture by my name is over 17 years old. The only time I put anything on her is if it is very cold outside. I have a coat and a sweater, but again, only if it is very cold. Most Yorkie puppies are very active, but she will grow out of that. She is chewing at the clothing as she knows it is something that is not a part of her, and, it may make her feel too warm.

This question seems like it would be better suited to the pet section, not the parenting of Toddler & Preschoolers....just my opinion.

I'm sorry, but.....IT'S A DOG!!!!