As biology help?

hey does any one know the answer to = why bacteria are particularly useful as a source of enzymes for use in industrail processes. ??

thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bacteria can produce antibiotics (medical value) and enzymes which don't work in the cell itself but metabolize other substances outside of the cell. As there is no other posibility of getting the substance inside the cell withount defracturizing it. (used for soaps etc)

It is also quite easy to grow bacteria colonies. And under good conditions they will produce a lot of antibiotics or enzymes. Especially the fact, that some bacterias send ther enzymes outside the cell makes it easy to win the enzyme of the bacteria.

Please excuse my mistakes as I am not a native speaker. I hope I could help you.

Greetings Dr.Seuss

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Some bacteria produce large quantities of a specific enzyme that may be useful in certain settings. Beyond this, it is possible to "re-program" bacteria to produce large quantities of a specific enzyme in a relatively small solution. This allows for easier purification since the starting material is more concentrated.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bacteria are important to numerous industrial processes, such as waste water treatment and more recently the industrial production of antibiotics and other chemicals.

Some enzymes are used commercially, for example, in the synthesis of antibiotics. In addition, some household products use enzymes to speed up biochemical reactions (e.g., enzymes in biological washing powders break down protein or fat stains on clothes; enzymes in steak tenderizers breakdown long meat proteins, making them easier to chew...)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can't buy enzymes at Home Depot.

Bacteria will make them for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • alex a
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

because by its process they can produce energy;;;

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.