Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

what are the philosophies of john locke?

about humans only....

Favorite Answer

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/encyclopedia/... ... see if this helps.. otherwise u can google john locke.. and u will find tons of websites with information on him

I studied this in college but don't remember that much. He basically said citizens have a right to rebel if they did not give consent to a social contract in which they are ruled by a government. In other words, a government needs citizens' consent to rule. This contributed greatly to the development of liberalism.

"Anybody's capable of anything." That was also my father's philosophy. And Locke is a stubborn optimist - like me.

this guy is one of my major influences in my life due to how he see simplest view of human beings, through experiences in life. read hume and descartes. its pretty deep. i was lucky to have a teacher that loved his work, so i got a wonderful learning experience.

read read and then think about it