Which one is more harmful for lung, Pipe or Cigarette?

Please don't give advice

Favorite Answer

I think pipe is safer, its has more effective smoke filter as the pipe is longer. In pipe the tabacco used in more natural & the fumes created by paper while burning in cigarette is absent in pipe. Using pipe keeps the smoking under control, as you dont smoke now & then. Can say cigarette is like fast food & pipe is home cooked. The pipe is much better option.

• Beau R

Having smoked a pipe, cigarettes, and cigars, and luckily quitting, I can say that cigarettes are most harmfull to your lungs. The reason is that you inhale the smoke into your lungs from a cigarette. With a pipe or cigars, the smoke is inhaled into the mouth and throat, although some will reach the lungs. The bad feature with the latter two is that they can cause throat and mouth cancer. If you try the smokeless tobacco, you'll run the risk of mouth cancer. No preaching, as it is your choice.

I believe cigarettes would be more harmful. I am 72 years of age and have tried both since I was 17 years old and as far as I know I am in fairly good health except for a bad back, People have tried off and on to get me to quit smoking and I did for 4 years but my nerves got so bad that i went back to cigarettes and still smoke. I would be the last person to tell anyone to quit smoking.

both are bad...but if you still insist on polluting your lungs and the lungs of those around you, I would suggest using the pipe. This is because you stuff your own pipe. You know what tabacco you are putting in the pipe. Usually you buy bulk bags of more natural tabacco than what cigarette companies stuff their cigs with. with cigarettes, you have no idea what is put in them. Both are bad, but the pipe is the better of two evils.

Cigarette

Cigarette then cigar then pipe