Do you know of any site or any book where I can get good cryptography codes ?

The codes may be of any type including mirror codes, Replacement codes, Caesarian Square etc. I have read books of Dan Brown and am interested in them. I want similar codes which are moderately difficult to solve. By a code i mean any message that is for secret purpose and can be broken only by using a specific technique. Can you help me find such codes? Thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can use the "CrypTool" for starting. It is a tool for encrypting/decrypting or signing documents with all high end ciphers/coders. the Web address is "http://www.cryptool.com/". If you realy want to know the concepts then you read the book,

"Applied Cryptography" by Bruce Scheneir. Or you can use the book "Hand book of applied cryptography" , it is free downloadable.

If you are looking for some software development then you can use the "cryptlib", it is also free downloadable.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One recent book on the subject is "The Code Book" by Simon Singh, published by Fourth Estate, London, 1999. ISBN 1-85702- 872-1.

There is a difference between codes and ciphers and Singh starts with Caesarian replacement ciphers, goes through Vigenere and Enigma, then things like PGP and comes out at quantum computing.

Codes are also covered and he explains how Champollion decoded ancient Egyptian writing. Hope you are a good at mathematics, because that's the basis of most recent ciphers.

Here's a Wikipedia entry on Vigenere to get you started

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigen%C3%A8re_cipher

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

try the davinci code webpage it has some neat riddles or the dan brown page i think there are more riddles for the rest of his books

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.