Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Tylenol Cold....???

I am 5 weeks pregnant with a very sore throat, ear ache, and a cough. The dr. said tylenol cold is ok to take. I know regular tylenol is always ok, but is tylenol cold really safe??? I am in pain but I do not want my kid to come out with 7 eyes either! Anyone who knows from personal experience would be great!! thanks!

Favorite Answer

If your dr says it's ok then trust them. That's what they are there for, is to answer any questions you have.

The pharmacist just told me not to take Sudafed because it would speed up my heartbeat and that could be bad for the baby. He gave me something with an antihistamine in it, and (at 13 weeks pregnant) my baby's okay. I don't think a little of the wrong OTC medicine will cause any severe defects, but you just have to be careful since every little thing you do can affect your baby in some (usually small) way. Ask your doctor for an exhaustive list of what you can and can't take for headache, constipation, colds, etc, just to be sure.

i ended up with an awful cold when i was about 7 months and the dr said that Tylenol cold is ok to take but every time that i took it it made me sick so they told me to try Robitussin and that helped me the nurse said that the major thing to stay away from is codine ....trust your dr it's his job to know those things

congrats and good luck : )

Cough is caused by a number of ailments.

It can be treated by over the counter medicines

or home remedies. More information available

at http://ailments.in/cough.html

If your doctor ok's it then I am sure it is perfectly safe.He would never say you can take something during pregnancy that would harm your baby in any way.

It's fine, especially if the doc says so. Do you think your doc wants a malpractice suit againt him?