Atheists: Is There An Atheist Day?

if no, would u like to have one?

just to celebrate intelligence, logic, and honesty... just a thought, u dont have to do anything though

I cant believe I am hated by christians this much, look at mikey's answer...

mikey, shut up b9st9rd

mikey, burn and die in that closed-minded cage HAHAHAH

I like the idea of every day being an Atheist day too, Cool, thank you

well, it would get boring, however, if it was everyday, I thought a bit happening would make it more interesting, just to convey our logic to the world, after all, humans love fun

Favorite Answer

There should be.

It would be nice to have a day that celebrates critical thought instead of blind obedience.

We could celebrate it with a logic stick. Take a cross and knock the small sides off of it. It would finally be useful, seeing as how you could then take the logic stick, and whomp some sense into people.

Each religion has its special days and festivals but some days such as new year or mothers' day are common to every-one including atheists therefore it is incorrect to say that they have nothing to commemorate. If they have fewer festivals than the rest of us , it is by their own choice.

That's a very good question. I'd like to know that too. I'm no atheist by the way but i think the question is interesting. If you're Atheist, I'd like to know too.....what do yall celebrate? (yeah, I am from Texas)

There is no reasoning for an "Atheist Day". That's like saying we should have a day for breathing and people who like the shape of a rose. Like the previous poster said, every day is like atheist day. We just live each day like any other.

I celebrate April 13th, which is Madalyn Murray O'Hair's birthday. She founded the "American Atheists" and filed the suit that ended religious mumbo-jumbo in public schools.

Every day is an atheist day.

Just remember, only Christians get to go to hell!

I celebrate logic and intellectual freedom daily. If we had a day, they would probably stone us.

I don't need one set-aside day to remember that no deity exists. What would you have us do, put up a tree and decorate it? That's already been done...

I like Boxer's answer.

Everyday is an Athiest day.....