Atheists: Is There An Atheist Day?

if no, would u like to have one?

Update:

just to celebrate intelligence, logic, and honesty... just a thought, u dont have to do anything though

Update 2:

I cant believe I am hated by christians this much, look at mikey's answer...

mikey, shut up b9st9rd

Update 3:

mikey, burn and die in that closed-minded cage HAHAHAH

Update 4:

I like the idea of every day being an Atheist day too, Cool, thank you

Update 5:

well, it would get boring, however, if it was everyday, I thought a bit happening would make it more interesting, just to convey our logic to the world, after all, humans love fun

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There should be.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It would be nice to have a day that celebrates critical thought instead of blind obedience.

We could celebrate it with a logic stick. Take a cross and knock the small sides off of it. It would finally be useful, seeing as how you could then take the logic stick, and whomp some sense into people.

• 1 decade ago

Each religion has its special days and festivals but some days such as new year or mothers' day are common to every-one including atheists therefore it is incorrect to say that they have nothing to commemorate. If they have fewer festivals than the rest of us , it is by their own choice.

• 1 decade ago

That's a very good question. I'd like to know that too. I'm no atheist by the way but i think the question is interesting. If you're Atheist, I'd like to know too.....what do yall celebrate? (yeah, I am from Texas)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There is no reasoning for an "Atheist Day". That's like saying we should have a day for breathing and people who like the shape of a rose. Like the previous poster said, every day is like atheist day. We just live each day like any other.

• 1 decade ago

I celebrate April 13th, which is Madalyn Murray O'Hair's birthday. She founded the "American Atheists" and filed the suit that ended religious mumbo-jumbo in public schools.

• 1 decade ago

Every day is an atheist day.

Just remember, only Christians get to go to hell!

• 1 decade ago

I celebrate logic and intellectual freedom daily. If we had a day, they would probably stone us.

• 1 decade ago

I don't need one set-aside day to remember that no deity exists. What would you have us do, put up a tree and decorate it? That's already been done...

• 1 decade ago

I like Boxer's answer.

• 1 decade ago

Everyday is an Athiest day.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.