i like my teacher and i have graduated, should i try to befriend him?

ive just graduated from high school and i like my ex english teacher. his age is unidentified, im guessing hes 30+ or at least late 20s and im 18. he is not 'hot', 'sexy' or 'funny'. hes lanky, pale and a very reserved person who doesnt mess with the students nor teachers. i like him for his maturity, wisdom and enigmatic personality:)

ive never really talked to him but i do stare at him alot when i was in his class. ive never told anyone about this and ive never flirted with him. despite all sometimes i feel that he knows that i like him. ive read some answers from similar situations and right now i just want to be friends with him first. maybe have a casual conversation and just to keep in touch, cause i really do miss him.

would that be inappropriate? if not, how should i approach someone so impassive like him? and since i am quite shy myself. thanks everyone! cheers! :D

ps i have his email, although i dont know what i should say...

Update:

Thanks so much to all that answered my question:) i feel so much better:) i think i will send him an email and see how he reacts. although i dont think he will accept the 'coffee' invitation...

Update 2:

no he doesnt have a myspace...he did add me on msn more than a month ago, but he never came online :(

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i don't think there's a problem in befriending you former teacher. rule says that a teacher is not allowed to date his student. but now that you have graduated and i suppose you're no longer his student, i don't think there should be problem.

however, with your question, it seems that you're not yet sure on what you really want. do you really want to be just friends with him, or the other way? if you want to express what you really felt (still feel) for him well i think you can write him a letter/email. however, you must be ready as to how he's gonna react to it. but if you want to take things a little slower and be friends first then talk to him. you can start by giving him a message by asking how he is and what's goin' on in your former school. you can also tell him about your college or the degree you're into and just let your conversation flow freely.

i hope i answered your question correctly. just listen to your heart and you'll know what to do

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I had the same problem back in high school, im now 19 years old, i dont know but theres something about teachers that is so sexy, anyone who says otherwise would be lying cause who hasent fantasy's about a teacher i know i have. Check if he haves a myspace which i highly doubt it, or just write to him tell him how ur doing teachers always appreciate when a student keeps in touch after high school, ask him how he is doing and tell him how ur doing etc.... some kind of relationship will grow from their, show him that despite ur age ur a mature young lady.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First, write a rough draft of a brief letter, of what you really want to tell him...When it seems good enough, send him the email, but don't have the highest expectations. Teachers though, feel validated when someone appreciates their work, and their person...

Be sincere! Ask him if he'd be interested in meeting casually for coffee or tea...

Tell him you have questions...about going to college, choosing a major, or going to work, or the subject he teaches...

Then, make an actual list of real questions that you do have. You can always say that you brought the list, in case you get nervous...

They don't have to be romantic questions, but see how well you like him in a different environment...

Source(s): I'm a teacher...
  • 4 years ago

even as i replaced into in severe college a bunch individuals females talked to our band director about complications and such. so i don't believe of there is something incorrect with it. now and again you purely experience extra smooth talking to a instructor than a make sure or a counsler.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

wow i HAD to answer this question! GIVE IT A TRY!!! i know EXACTLY how you feel and i was shy too.. in the end i just told him and yup.. that's where we're at!! VERY HAPPY!

Good Luck and just do it.. life's too short to let shyness stand in the way of true love!

Good Luck, all the best and i really hope things will work out for you too;-)

Source(s): ME ;-)
  • 1 decade ago

I think, you should kinda' meet him and the approach should be simple.

• 1 decade ago

THAT'S REALLY NICE TO HEAR..( I AM ANOTHER ENGLISH TEACHER) ...Go ahead!!!

• 1 decade ago

Doesn't hurt to try.

• 1 decade ago

its up to you... if you really love that person... GO!!!!

dont waste your time... tell her what you feel....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.