Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is Bullshittng an "ART" & if so what is your expertise in it? IF ANY?

DO NOT get bent out of shape on this ok? If you don't like my question then do NOT answer it ..go away and do NOT slag me!

• Favorite Answer

Yes it is definitely an art, and it's used by some of the world's most influential people. These people bullshit the most, and are often quite good at it:

Ivy League college students

Politicians

Actors/Actresses

George W. Bush

Lobbyists

Professors

Salesman

Stockbrokers

Realtors

Actually come to think of it, if you want to get anywhere in the real world, bullshitting is an art you must master.

Good luck!

I'm not sure I would call it an art -- but a skill and a talent, certainly. I have a lot of experience at it, some expertise... but I was probably never as successful as I thought I was. I don't practice it much anymore. No need for it in these later days.

• LUCKY3

I wouldn't say it's an art...it is a skill that you master with practice and confidence like most other skills.

I've learned that good people like myself, need to BS sometimes to get by the rope. In moderation and in certain circumstances this is acceptable (or even necessary) because I would never harm anyone deliberately.

Source(s): Living in the Middle East for 4 years...you don't always get what you ask for.
  • RIDLEY

It is an Art. And I have perfected it in one way. Not all ways, because there are many, but in one way. In my family I am known to know a lot of things about a lot of subjects. More times than not, my family and friends trust my judgment. But when it is time to play a practical joke on someone I can keep a straight face like it was normal. We play jokes on each other all the time and they rarely get me, but when I do it, they fall hook line and sinker. Usually because they trust me. They have got me a couple good times but it doesn't matter, I always one up them. LOL!

I think it is an art, and the only place I'm talented in it is when I've got assistance from others! Usually my smile gives me away when I'm trying to BS about something ~ I make a horrible poker player!

Source(s):

Sound strange, although I don't practice it I'm personal life, I could probably write a book of how to. But that kind of information could be dangerous in the wrong hands

oh you mean like Ari Gold in 'Entourage'. in that case, yes definetly. it takes skill to do what he does, that is just brilliant 'art' if you will.

bullshiting done well is an art, i was an airport shuttle driver for 3.5 years

not me babe

but I do have an art

and it is not doing this

good luck

smile

hell yea it is ive got my phd from the school of hard knocks