I am wearing spectacles, I wanna do Laser surgery, but I am afraid something wud happen. If u done it, plz tel

Favorite Answer

i have gone through it. the grade of my glasses was 450 for the left & 550 for the right w/ full astigmatic correction.

you will first be screened if you are eligible for laser surgery. you will undergo a series of tests to minimize the risk during the operation.

when i went inside the prep room, i was a little nervous because it is my eyes which will be operated on. after a nurse has explained what the doctor will do & what to expect during the operation, i was brought to the OR. the whole operation lasted 10-15 min. only with almost no pain. you will be made to wear eye protectors for a day or 2. you need to take a pain-reliever after the operation because the eyes will experience pain after the anesthetic wore off. after a day, you have clear vision. the money really well spent. my vision returned to 20/20.

oh, the results are not the same for everyone. some may not get 20/20 vision but still you will be having clear vision. first thing i got after the operation is a pair of nice sunglasses.

It's safe. I assist a Lasik surgeon on 25 procedures a day. 98% of all people see 20/20 after they have healed. Just be sure and pick an experienced ophthalmologist who has performed thousands of procedures. I believe that the Visx Laser is the best laser with custom view technology. We can also cut your flap with the laser called Intralase. The results are awesome. There is no pain. Just a little scratchiness for about 24 hours. Don't worry about the risks, just make sure the doctor checks to make sure the cornea is thick enough for the amount of correction that you need to have done.

Source(s): I'm an ophthalmic technician.

I am not eligible to have the surgery - but 5 people in my office have had it done in the last 4 years - all with wonderful results.

the vast majority of people who get it are thrilled with the results, my mother got it and it made her vision so much worse