Rain asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

apple cider and apple cider vinegar. What is the difference?

A recipe calls for apple cider . Can I used apple cider vinegar in it , or should I used apple juice?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

USE APPLE JUICE!

Apple cider is the name for a non-alcoholic beverage produced from apples by a process of pressing, especially in the United States and parts of Canada. It is more sour than conventional apple juice, and cloudy, retaining the tart flavor of the apple pulp which is lost in conventional fruit juice production.

Apple cider vinegar, sometimes known simply as cider vinegar, is made from cider or apple must, and is often sold unfiltered, with a brownish-yellow color; it often contains mother of vinegar. It is currently very popular, partly due to its alleged beneficial health and beauty properties

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Use apple juice rather than apple cider vinegar. The vinegar has fermented and the sugar has turned to acids. Juice is a better substitute.

• 1 decade ago

about a couple months. apple vinegar comes from bad apple cider. stick with the recipe on this one or what ever your baking wont turn out.

• 1 decade ago

apple cider is a beverage, and the other isnt

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well if you chug a glass of cider viniger your probly gonna get sick, where as not with just the apple cider, viniger is fermented and taste nasty, i am stoned and i like apple cider and warm apple cider with cinnimon

• 1 decade ago

wtf? don't do that ****...vinigar is acid

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.