Karli asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

How can I...?

become more motivated in school? I'm 16 and I've always paid attention in class, but once it comes to doing work (especially homework and studying) I just pass it off like nothing. I have high test scores, but my overall average is about B/C because of homework and such. I don't see myself as a lazy person. I would openly admit it, believe me. I know that it will help me in the long run, and my grades will improve... but that just doesn't do it. What motivates you? Can anyone give me any tips or suggestions?

• cola
    Favorite Answer

My daughter is in her 2nd year of junior college. She organizes study groups. It is actually quite a job to be able to get everybody in the class to be able to come together and study as many of these people have jobs and families, but they do get together once a week. They don't do this in every class. If she (my daughter) is having a problem with a class, such as not understanding very well or not being able to concentrate or just plain get into it, she will look for other people who might be in the same boat as she is & suggest they get together & study. This has been very successful for her and the others & has proved to motivate them. I think the input of a group of students studying together may be a motivating factor for the simple fact that they have all congregated there for the same thing & have chosen to support one another in their endeavors, and you have heard the saying ........ Two heads are better than one. With dedication, three, four, five heads...... would also help.

When I first started college I felt that way, like why did I want to even go to class anymore? But then I got a job in my field of study and it was like a reality check. I really enjoyed my job too, I knew that I had to finish school so I could do what I've wanted to do my whole life. Just keep your goals always in sight.

• GiGi

My advice to you is: Just hang in there. I am 55 years old, and I didn't get it until about a year ago.....and now...

I am a

scholar....

Hah

Hah

Hah

just think about graduation...it was the most relieving feeling in the world i want to live my graduation over and over keep pushing you self its well worth it!!!

wish u good luck