lilac asked in Environment · 1 decade ago

does anyone agree with me?

does anyone agree that the world is turning slightly off course? That we are treating our land badly that we litter and abuse the earth? someday it will all be gone by what we are doing these days, maybe even in ourlife time.

Favorite Answer

Yes, I agree with you. In all ancient societies, including the Native American, it was always part of the belief system to return to the earth what you took from it. We are the caretakers; yet, we have taken from and abused the earth. Now we are seeing the consequences with global warming. It is not even subtle anymore, but right in our face saying that we better do something to turn this around and do it quickly. Everyone of us has the power no matter how small we may think it is to do what is right toward the earth. Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" went to the core of this, but at the same time gave us hope that we still have a little time to turn things around; but we must start NOW!

People litter and that's not good, but it doesn't bring ultimate destruction. I think that the Earth is continuing to warm after the last Ice Age. It's no mystery. We should thankful that we're not all freezing and starving to death. That's the other alternative. The climate never stays the same for long here. Humans live short lives and don't remember very well.

• Sam

I would say that the Universe is surely evolving, as it should.

I agree.

I also agree that American Idol is an idiot.

NO.