how do i save source code with syntax highlighting to HTML file?

is there a programming editor that supports source code highlighting and allows to save the syntax-highlighted file to nicely formatted HTML file that can be viewed in a web browser.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • F.G.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure, there are even entire websites devoted to html development that integrate such a feature in their forums. For a program, try this for exampel : http://www.topshareware.com/Color-Syntax-download-...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, to view highlighted code in the browser you'd have to wrap it into another layer of HTML yourself and that would be such a major pain that I don't even like to think about it. You could write a Javascript piece to do that for you, though. As for highlighting only, there are many editors that do it, but for PC, in my experience, Context is the best AND free. For Mac, TextWrangler is OK.

• 4 years ago

This has no longer something to do with Wikipedia. it is your internet browser's textual content textile edit field which you're working with. Wikipedia would not become in touch until you click the button to maintain your edits. In almost each internet browser, the textual content textile edit field would not have italic or formidable means. subsequently Wikipedia makes use of specific characters to symbolize those textual content textile varieties. As for highlighting and changing character case, that's no longer a characteristic of any internet browser's textual content textile edit field that i understand of. apparently that your terrific selection is to apply a programmer's textual content textile editor (by way of fact it has a great form of extra suitable constructive properties). jointly because it won't do italic/formidable formatting without delay, you're able to do a great form of textual content textile manipulation. on account that each programmer's textual content textile editor is distinctive, it would be ineffective to enable you to already know methods it rather works in Kate (the editor i exploit) once you will probable be sure to apply a distinctive one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.