A Thumbs up/Thumbs down rating system?

I'm looking to implement a thumbs up/thumbs down rating system for my blog. I'd like it to allow each visitor one rating for each of my posts, with that rating stored internally. I have two, 16X16 GIFs of a thumbs-up and thumbs-down, but other than that I don't really know what to do. If anyone can assist me, or refer me to some sort of tutorial or explanation on how to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

NOTE: The rating system used here in Yahoo! Answers is a very good example of that I want.

I am using WordPress.

Favorite Answer

There are several ratings plugins around, for example WP-PostRatings [1] which can be seen in action here [2].

There's also [3] and [4], so as you can see, stars and scores are popular. If you want to offload the management of the rating data, then something like the reddit plugin [5] might be more your scene.

Finally, if none of these grab you, try looking at the WordPress support forum [6], where lots of people have asked about ratings plugins before, to there may be an answer there that fits exactly what you're looking for.

If you're planning on writing the plugin yourself, then the wordpress codex [7] will be very useful - it details just about everything internal that can be tweaked, bent, extended or replaced, and has some good examples too. There's even a how-to for writing plugins [8].

It rather do no longer project me. There are continuously gonna be immature idiots twiddling with those recommendations, it particularly is like a interest to them ""heh heh, seem at me, I in simple terms gave that individual a thumbs down, that'll cause them to mad heh heh". as quickly as I answer questions people often supply me a thumbs down by way of fact the two I beat them to the terrific answer, named extra helpful bands than they did for the query, or reported that the band they worship is rubbish. i think of it particularly is humorous that folk in simple terms won't be able to shelter somebody's evaluations. What might end it for them is that if Y!A made it to the place it confirmed who gave you a foul score and made it to the place you're able to offer a clarification why you gave a thumbs up or down. in case you won't be able to furnish a solid adequate clarification why you rated somebody with a thumbs down then you definately get factors taken away, or maybe the factors component is stupid, it particularly is in simple terms there to maintain you around like a opposition.

Depends on what software you use for your blog. If you have access to the blog CMS script, you might be able to add that functionality. But if you have a blog at a site like typepad or blogger, the code is proprietary and closed. You can't add that functionality unless the site provides it.

I am really sorry i cant help but i just had to say what a cool idea! good luck!