Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why are Christians waging a war on homosexuals?

What did they ever do to you specifically?

• rich k
    Favorite Answer

Christianity, throughout History, has been spread by terror, fire, and killing. There has never been a case anywhere, ever, of a culture willingly embracing that faith. Homosexual activity is forbidden by their Church, doing it means that people do not acknowledge the Church's right to control other peoples lives. If individuals can reject one aspect of the Church's authority with impunity, then they can reject other parts, or all of it. The clergy are totally dependent on their congregations for their livelihood, deprived of unquestioning obedience they might have to get real jobs. They therefor have a vested interest in stamping out all dissent, as they've done for centuries, like the Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars, or, in modern times, The Republican Crusade against the Theory of Evolution.

• HOW are Christians waging a war on homosexuals?

We aren't killing them...at least, we're not supposed to be...so how are we waging a war on them?

Look, according to the Bible, having homosexual SEX is a sin. It doesn't mean that a person who is homosexual has to be put to death. It just says that they can either be celibate, or they can marry someone of the opposite sex (but that would be even more unfair to them), OR they can even choose to be straight.

There have been MANY homosexuals who chose to be straight instead.

SIN is SIN. I will make no excuses for sin. I do love everyone, regardless of what they do, but that does NOT mean that I can't acknowledge that something they do is a sin.

Two thumbs down? I guess people just don't like the truth. HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN!! I didn't make up the rules, I only follow them!

Waging war on homosexuals?? Someone asks if being gay is a sin...Christian says, Yes. Someone says people are born gay...Christian says, No. That is not a war, that is truth.

Who loves whom more, I ask

...someone who leads a blind-folded person straight toward a cliff, all the while patting them on the back saying everything will be o.k., continue what you're doing, there is no danger ahead.

...or someone who boldly tells that blind-folded person that the cliff is ahead; to turn away before they're consumed. Someone that has the courage to tell the truth, despite the corrupt world. In the hopes that they will turn from the cliff and live.

What has this person to do with me? Why do I care if they live or die? They are not family...they are not friend. I do it because of love, not hate or war or any other reason. We are all sinner's it is each of our responsibility to guide and help our fellow humans. To show them truth. To tell them they have a choice to turn from the cliff and live or continue on the path to destruction. I'm sorry that the truth is unpopular in the world. I'm sorry that right has become wrong and wrong has become right. I'm sorry that people are deceived. I'm sorry that people have been given over to debased and wicked minds. However, I am not sorry for speaking the truth, whatever the cost.

I personally dont have anything against homosexuals but was inclined to type in some verses from the bible, but Alicia S. has covered just about all the bases...

Within the book of Genesis, it explains why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, when two male angels went to visit Lot the whole town wanted to take these men due to lust, Lot's obligation was to try to defend these heavenly beings and offered his two virgin daughters, which these men refused to take.

The Christians have not start an war on homosexuals...

The God tell us to love everybody...we can't hate them...but also it tells us to stay away from sin....and so....the christians don't like homosexuals...

It is God's word the Bible that is against the PRACTICE of homosexuality.

(1 Corinthians 6:9) What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men,

(1 Timothy 1:10) fornicators, men who lie with males, kidnappers, liars, false swearers, and whatever other thing is in opposition to the healthful teaching

Once a person ceases the practice, he/she can become acceptable to God.

Source(s): NWT

It's a control issue. The Christians need an enemy to vent their anger on. They can't go out into the streets and start killing muslims or jews yet, so they're settling for the homosexuals.

Those that make the most noise usually have something to hide. Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert, Ted Haggard come to mind. Our culture loves to have someone to pick on whether it be women, gays, smokers, the poles, blacks, puerto ricans, mexicans, "ragheads," the list goes on and on. It is always a distraction from deeper fears and other mental and spiritual issues.

Christians wage war on sin....

Source(s): Rom 1:18-29 18{God's Anger at Sin--} But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who push the truth away from themselves. 19For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities-- his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God. 21Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused. 22Claiming to be wise, they became utter fools instead. 23And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people, or birds and animals and snakes. 24So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. 25Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. 26That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. 28When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. 29Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. (NLT)

If you are God......

You must know the answer!!!!!

"Christians cannot wage a war, God does all the battles for us. Here I go again with the same answer, we hate the sin, love the sinner....