Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 decade ago

how can I find a diabetic freind?

I want to share my experience with a diabetic freind .I dont like to click a lot.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

let your endocrinologist know that you are interested in finding out about other people with the condition in your living area. most places have diabetic camp, groups, annual fund raising, annual get together trips etc..... your Dr. should know of all of these activities. my son has been diabetic since he was 16 months old and he is currently 12 years old. if you would like to email me with your experiences i would be glad to accommodate.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Amazing Diabetes Cure Secrets : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?tKiR
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Try a diabetes support group. Also in the back of the "diabetes forecast " magazine, there are people listed that want to make friends.

• 1 decade ago

http://www.realitycheck.org.au/

There is a forum full of diabetics on this site. I'm sure there are plenty of people on there that will talk to you and help you with any problems you're having.

Source(s): I'm a member.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ABCs for good Diabetes Care.

(1) Get your Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) test done at least twice a year. (Target: Below 7).

(2) Albuminuria. Get your urine micro-albumin test done atleast twice a year. (Target: Below 30).

(3) Aspirin Check with your doctor if you need to take aspirin daily.

(4) Blood pressure. Get your blood pressure checked every visit. (Target: Below 130/80 mm Hg)

(5) Cholesterol Get your LDL (bad cholesterol) levels checked at least once a year. (Target: Below 100 mg/dL). Triglycerides. (Target: Less than 150 mg/dL) Serum Cholesterol (Target: Less than 200 mg/dL) HDL (god cholesterol) (Target: More than 50 mg/dL)

(6) Diabetes Education. Know about diabetes & get updated regularly.

(7) Eye exam. Get your eyes examined regularly, get checked at least nce a year.

(8) Teeth. Get your teeth examined by a Dentist and get tartar (plaque) removed once in a year.

(9) Foot care. Check your feet daily . Request your doctor to check them every visit. Get an extensive foot examination done once in a year.

(10) Glucose (Sugar) test. Control your blood glucose & do self-monitoring as & when required. (Target: Fasting blood sugar 60-100 mg/dL; Postprandial blood sugar 2 hours after food-Less than 180 mg/dL)

(11) Health life style. Exercise regularly & stay healthy.

(12) Identify special medical needs. Voice your health concerns to your doctor . Follow your doctor’s advice.

• 1 decade ago

you can travel to your local dialysis centre, i'm sure there are people there willing to have some of your company. you could even try to sign up as a volunteer.

• 1 decade ago

if he has any infection it will not heal faster.sudden increase or decrease in bloodsugar level.it is mostly heriditery so history of it in family member.

Source(s): paramedical
  • 4 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.