What would work for you???

There are different ways of sharing the story of Jesus.

Some tell you that unless you accept Him, you'll go to hell. Some tell you He loves you. Some say that He can give you good things. I say that He wants to give you good things, like heal your body and your soul literally but the only way to get it is to be ok with Him (by believing that He did come and die and came back to life and in this very moment is sitted next to God waiting for that last believer to accept Him).

Which one is more appealing to you??

Favorite Answer

None of them.

I am not impressed with a god who forces me to believe under threats.

I'm not impressed with the word "love" because it's used in so many contexts that how am I to know if he loves me in a caring way or if he loves me in the same way some people love marshmallows?

I'm not impressed with the given good things stuff because both believers and non-believers alike have good things and nasty things in life.

Here's what impresses me: a person who can love people and treat them good. You ask them why and they tell you that they want to be good people and believing in God has helped them to be that way. They do this without giving unasked-for sermons. It's exactly that approach that has encouraged me to believe.

neither is very appealing to me, honestly. Both are insulting. It is obvious why the first is insulting. The second one is more subtly insulting. It seems to imply that you are sinning by not believing. You are not right, not ok with God. So you are out of God's favor, and you are therefore sinning by what you choose to believe or not believe. Belief is not a moral virtue like that. You believe in something because there is reason to believe in it. Or you disbelieve it because there is not enough reason to believe it. This is not a moral issue. It is an issue of rational thinking. To place a moral value on it is to distort the issue. And so it comes across all wrong.

I would prefer you to just live your life well and sincerely. If someone wants to know what makes you happy, upright, or whatever, THEN you can share your beliefs.

...Here is what I prefer to tell folks:

...We read the following in ! Corinthians 15:

...3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

...4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

...He died to pay for our sins. God cannot tolerate sin in His presence. He sent Jesus, the perfect sacrifice, to die in our place, and He was raised on the third day. He has completed the work of salvation, nothing more is necessary, and we can add nothing to His work on the cross.

...What is left for you to do? Believe on Him. Transfer your trust from yourself to Him for salvation; trust in Him alone.

...John 5:24 says, "He who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."

..."Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved." Acts 16:31

....Whosoever will, may come.

• Mim

I think that he wonts to give you good things. but you have to accept his sacrifice first and that is where to many have the problem saying yes Lord and thank you.I like your last statment waiting for the last beleaver to accept him (many how say they beleave have not accepted him).

• Alan

Evidence and Proof are very appealing to me.

The other stuff is unsupported wishful thinking, as far as I can tell.

A

none,

taking advantage of ones weaknesses,

so they will worship you is wrong.

true benevolence would not require such petty ideals,

and would hold wisdom ,reason , and logic to be virtues

Being bribed like that is not for me - so, none of the above, sorry.

why don't you just tell the story without the word 'giving'? it sounds like charity. hehehe...

it's all nonsense.

it's no more provable than Peter Pan. grow up!

• Indigo

Psst...I have my own beliefs and am happy with them, they are right for me.