Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

class presentation.. nervous?

i always feel nervous before i give a class presentation.. and i get upset over this for the whole day..

is there anyways i can keep myself cool. i also want to know how i can be confident in front of the whole class watching me.. when i look at the people i get even more nervous. so i happened to stare at the slides all the time without making any eye-contacts.i want to look casual.but how?

Favorite Answer

My speech teacher had us look just over the top of the audience heads. He had up proactice at home in front of a mirror. I would practice my speeches with a tape recorder. I would have my husband or a friend listen to me. I found practice helped build confidence. Then the more you do, the easier it gets. Just practice...practice ...practice

Nervous Presentation

1

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

class presentation.. nervous?

is there anyways i can keep myself cool. i also want to know how i can be confident in front of the whole class watching me.. when i look at the people i get even more nervous. so i happened...

Source(s): class presentation nervous: https://tr.im/eoDXr

i could never and still cant talk in front of a large group of people. but i have been told if you take a speech class they can help you overcome that. i just never got that far in college to take it. but i plan on going back and when i do speech is what i will be taking cause I'm like you i get so nervous that i start stumbling over my words and cant think even though i know the answers. i would really try to sign up for a speech class and see how much that helps.

Did you know that more people fear speaking in public than fear death?

It's normal to feel that way. Some people get hold of themselves a few minutes into the speech by making eye contact with different members of their audience until they fall upon a pair of kind and understanding eyes. Then they "speak" to this person for a bit until they feel themselves physically relax; that is, when their heart stops pounding and their breathing returns to normal. When things have calmed down, they can continue on with the speech, make eye contact with various persons and feel confident and assured of themselves. You might try it. It's not a trick found in any book, I learned it from a public speaker who, after 25 years of speaking, still got stage fright. He did this each time he spoke.

Source(s): A member of AA. Sorry, he doesn't want to be known.

Hi Sweety. It is normal to feel nervous. Studies have shown that the number one fear of humans is public speaking! You are not alone. Most of the people in your class feel the same anxiety you feel.

Focus on your topic and not on trying to 'look casual'. If you are feeling really nervous feel free to say so! Get it out! Most of the people in your 'audience' will commiserate with your fear and connect with you for acknowledging it. Don't try to hide it - that only makes it worse.

It takes courage to do things that you are afraid to do. There is no courage where there is no fear. Give yourself credit for walking through your fear and actually doing what scares you. Too many people never succeed in life because they will not do the things that scare them.

There is nothing wrong with fear ... unless you let it stop you.

Best wishes and good luck.

P.S. Like you, when I was younger (in school) I could not speak in front of my class - I couldn't even ask a question! Today, I speak publicly, professionally and love it. I still feel fear, but I use that fear to energize my presentation and to motivate me to be properly prepared.

i think a good way to get over the nervousness is by acting like if ur classmates were ur family or ur very close friends. U can act casual by talking more and trying to get comfortable. Act kinda like u dont really care about anything. it really works. Also just try not to think about it before u get to the class. One more thing u can do is get to know ur classmates and possibly ur teacher so u can have someone to look at. GOOdLUCK w/ getting rid of ur nervousness!

If this happens to you all the time, it can be treated by homeopathy. There is a medicine called Gelsemium. It helps in overcoming this type of malady. Please contact a good Homeopathy doctor who will prescribe the medicine with the correct potency. You will also derive some comfort from the fact that when about 200 executives were asked what they feared most, public speaking/presentation was on the top of the list of a majority of them. Fear of death was ranked 5th. So you see...

The only way is practice, practice, practice.

ok, try to go first in a presentation. That way, if you mess up, no one will remember by the end of the day. Also, your presentation infront of a mirror first. Do it over and over again. Hope this helps.