I just had my hernia fixed in my right bladder 4 days ago... Is it alright to be walking and sitting a bit?

Is it ok to walk around a bit, and sit at my computer for a while? the doc just told me to take an easy for a while, and I forgot to ask these other questions. Or should i be in bed resting 24/7? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

No marathons please!!! You can do most of your normal daily activities, but just do it in shorter periods. no heavy lifting... but definitely do some walking and sitting. Laying around is about the worse thing you could do. Even with open heart surgery patients, they get them up and out of the bed the second day after surgery. You just have to use common sense and realize that you are not 100% normal and need to take care. The doctor will be doing a post-op check in about week I would guess. At that time he will tel or you can ask about your activities... WRITE A NOTE to remind yourself to ask him.

Source(s): RN

no you should walk from time to time like 10 minuets or less a day

just to help the circulation of blood and it helps the healing

hope you feel better soon and have a nice weekend :)

and as for sitting up i don't think that you should sit up for a long time coz the surgery is around that area and it my hurt you later on , and don't think that you should push your self too hard you will heal in the right time coz it would all get to you in the night so take it easy and one step at a time

i know you most be bored and you feel that you cant do any thing about it but patients :)

Its good to walk around..

increases circulation

prevents blot clots in the legs

prevents pneumonia

prevents bowel obstructions

prevents adhesion's

just DON'T overdo it

Yes, it should be fine- whatever is comfortable. I had the same procedure. You should be starting to heal.