How to encourage a guy to be more hardworking in his carreer?

he is 29 but he never serious in his work, his dad left him a shop to work out. but he seem fool around n sometimes not even running the business, i tried to encourage him wif some words. but he felt i m nagging wif him. wat to do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

what a dumb azz,

his dad leaves him a golden goose

and he focking it all up.

that is more than most people get.

that just pisses me off.

let him fail.or take over for him

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Tough one - he is going to need to find some internal motivation to succeed.

He needs a purpose that will drive him to work harder.

Some inspiring books though are: "Think and Grow Rich," "The Millionaire Next Door," and "The 48 Laws of Power." See if you can get him to read those.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Men do think of that as nagging - he has to work things out for himself (and that may mean that he's not as successful as you want him to be) Men hate being nagged, even if you're right and their wrong - so let him do what he wants to do (even if you think it's the wrong idea)

• 1 decade ago

well, it's cuz he doesnt like it prolly. i kno whn i dont like somethin, i dont try that hard. but whn i'm doin somethin i like, i excell. so find some way to get him to enjoy it. the reason he's goofin off and ignorin his duties is because he's tryin to enjoy it. what do you do in a long, boring lecture class? you doodle and talk because it makes it more interesting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Reward sweetens the labour. Motivate him with offers of something which he treasures.

• Angela
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You can't. It has to come from within. Leave him alone and accept him for who he is, not what you expect him to be.

If you can't accept who he is then perhaps he is not the guy for you.

• 1 decade ago

talk to him...be next to him...

Source(s): If you are single or going throught a break up and you are looking and need someone, please visit my site, join free and start dating: http://www.dating4fun.net/go4.php
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.