Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How many of you are sincerely seeking help in understanding God ?

Favorite Answer

I am constantly asking the same question and i am sorry i cant find an answer for you. I have prayed to him when i had absolutely nothing for help now. I only had a mattress on my floor and i went to church seeking help ( which i had never done in my life before ). I went out and spent the last of my money on a bible and since that day i have had everything i ever wanted. Ihad bare walls,no bed,no cooker,no towels,no job and ever since i started praying all of this happ'nd for me. i now have a beautiful home and a fair ammount of money in my bank and all i did was pray for things to change for the better and they have. so i suggest you keep reading your bible as all the answers are there. i am sorry but that is all i can say. Just pray and i am sure you will find what you are looking for.

P.S. don't think i am trying to change you but give it a try.LOVE to all who reads this.

It doesn't appear that many that are on Y/A are. They would rather just talk about preconceived notions that they heard from somebody or grew up learning those types of things. Most anti-Christians won't bother to take the time to actually look at the evidence. Maybe they are scared because if they do find out that what they have been saying is wrong, turns out to be right, they will have to change the way they live. But the sad thing is that there are alot of them that probably won't have to change their life style, just their though process. To me it's a big gamble to at least not look into Christianity more seriously. I know that some will say that they have done it and they have read the Bible, but I don't think they did it with the right mind set. Their minds were already made up before they started investigating Christianity.

I'm trying to understand why if evolution is true, can a higher being also be true? Once I was in an altered state of mind and started wondering about how human beings are made of skin, organs and cells. Cells are made of atoms, right? We'll...what are atoms made out of and what makes them start living, reproducing and becoming something? What starts the life process. I'm not quite sure if this is reaching out to understand a higher being, but I would like to think of my higher power being something and not someone. Who knows.

I am seeking help in understanding God. I do believe and love him.

I was. Unfortunately, I gave up on debating religious people recently. I don't think you are all totally irrational, just irrational on the subject of God. I think its because most religious people need to believe in God so badly that they just won't or can't give the evidence against him a fair hearing. Its the only way I can explain how educated, intelligent people can believe this. Beating a scientist with a PhD in debate using their own field of study (which I knew little about to begin with) was a saddening experience for me. Great minds fail when they approach this topic.

I will always seek to understand God and follow His will every day. I stumble and fall at times but He loves me none the less. What a blessing.

• margie

If we are actually not in seek of God-expertise essentially adequate we are purely fooling our own selves and not God. Worldly pleasures are the great temptation that we can't conquer completely residing in the fabrics international, yet we can incorporate our needs, if we actually wish God-expertise, in any different case we will persih fruitlessly. we could continuously have this understand-how that we've already wasted tens of millions of lifetimes in pursuit of worldly pleasures that keeps bringing us returned to this international. as quickly as we shun this attachement to worldly pleasures can we ever wish to get liberated from this misery.

• nebtet

being an agnostic i consider it arrogant vanity to seek to understand God. puny minuscule humans sitting on their teeny singular planet in the unimaginable vastness of the universe is gonna come to understand "God"? give me a break.

i do seek to understand humans tho. how such puny limited creatures can imagine they can know who or what "God" is and even go so far as to believe they know what "God" thinks and feels, likes and dislikes. it's an amusing study.

I study. I have a Spiritual Director. Several of them, actually. And some of those are not necessarily Christian. I frequent the Sacraments. I read Holy Scripture daily. I ask for guidance and prayer from members of my parish. I pray without ceasing.

Salam!

Yes! Even though the world now has lost hope in Allah (God), i believe this is a form of real test of our faith. If you have faith, you would believe in God. The problem is that we are weak in our faith now. May Allah (SWT) guide the weak hearted ones.

I sincerely seek to know my Lord. May He (SWT) accept me. Ameen.

seek the truth, allah(god) willing, you'll find it.