Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

any fans of the sword and sorcery songs ?

the sword and sorcery songs are unfortunately relativ out of date today. No youngsters seem to have interrest in it anymore. But I like these kind of songs. The type of songs are absolutely not a kind of commercial crap product unlike the garbage artitst such as Britney Spears or Christina Alguiera on the bullshit radio.

For example: Ronnie James Dio sings alot about a taoist monk, goblins, fairy tale, banshees and dragons like the temple of the king, catch the rainbow, snake charmer, Stargazer or Man on the silver mountain, lady of the lake or Gates of babylon. These songs are the best Rainbow songs !! no doubt arent they?.

I don´t need any crappy answers but only for serious fans please !

Favorite Answer

you should give wolfmother a go, they seem to have a slightly mythological side to a few of thier songs and are to be recomended if you like good old style metal such as deep purple and black sabbath.

I loved Mary Stewart's books approximately King Arthur. The first guide used to be The Crystal Cave. It start's with the start of Merlin, his formative years and finally evolves into the start of Arthur, his developing up, fitting King and his loss of life. There's 3, perhaps four books.

Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Old Savatage, Axel Rudi Pell, Almost any band from Finland

Lots of the prog rock (see my 360) I listen to fit that bill.

And there're still some newer bands writing songs like that. They're just underground today.

i like the sword.. and im 16 :]]]