Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is Michael Moore the epitome of all hypocrisy?

you guys seriously did not read the article, did you?

Favorite Answer

He's tied with a lot of other people for that dubious honor:

Rush Limbaugh, who always advocated treating drug abusers very harshly...until he was accused of abusing drugs himself.

Ted Haggard, who...despite being gay himself...opposed gay rights.

Nancy Pelosi (and all the other Democrats) who knew about Mark Foley's e-mails several month's before making them public...because the timing would be best for them.

All the women's rights groups who had always insisted that women never lie about sexual harrassment and rape attempts....UNTIL Juanita Broderick and Paula Jones accused Bill Clinton of exactly that.

Republicans, who accused Democrats of being spendthrifts with tax money...but who themselves spent more than Democrats ever did.

Ted Kennedy (and others) who insist that we should NOT abolish the death tax...but who themselves benefit from enormous trust funds set up by their wealthy parents to avoid paying inheritance taxes.

When you talk about hypocrisy...especially in the political realm...the list is damn near endless.

In actual fact if you read the book in question "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" by Peter Schweizer, you see that he dose not actually accuse Michael Moore of owning shares in the likes of Halliburton, etc.

Rather he alleges that there is a "foundation" which is controlled by Moore and which in turn owns the shares in question.

Therefore, rather than Moore owning the shares directly, they are owned by this front organization.

In fairness to Moore the link is at best tenuous - it is like saying that if you buy shares in Ford Motors and they happen to own a number of shares in "Al Qaeda Inc" then you own shares in Al Qaeda too.

Regardless of whether you like or dislike the man you should at least be honest in your assessment, and I think any open-minded person would probably find him "not guilty" in this instance.

However, it would be nice if he also did likewise in his films too.

from the original Greek --Hippocrates- where we get the word hypocrite

which means

--actor--to put on an act-- and '-false face'

Yes// This guy who poses to be poor for the poor man's sake, the unem,ployed , the army soldiers that enlist just to have an income and might get killed

but the Congressmen he ( Michael Moore) exposed are bigger hypocrites!

Then again Maybe he made all that money from his movie "9/11"

He sure dresses like he is poor

doesn't he....

Yes, he owns Halliburton stock. He also owns a million dollar penthouse in New York, and criticizes Bush for having money.

He is the Mount Everest of hypocrisy, and he looks like Jabba the Hut's ugly baby sister.

He's not only a hypocrite, he's a sick fellow.

He doesn't take baths, goes around dirty, and stinks, in order to portray himself as a "working man".

In other words, he thinks working people don't take baths, goes dirty, and stinks.

I FIND THAT VERY INSULTING.

He hates businesses and the stock market. But check out all of the stock he owns, such as Halliburton.

He fools Democrats. They aren't smart enough to see through him. They are doing good if they know what state they live in.

Michael Moore is such a gift. You see, I need to lose weight and every time I see him, or hear someone mention his name so I get a mental image, I lose my appetite. I think we needed to see more of Moore before the election so that he could have helped more energize the conervative voting base, maybe the Senate would not have fallen to the libs.

I'm a liberal, but I find it very funny and revealing if it's true. I might even get the book.

Moore is certainly hypocritical if the book is accurate, but I think Bush is probably the epitome of hypocrisy in our time.

He may be hypocritical, and lies. But he has researched those companies enough to know which ones are good investments. He may not like Haliburton, but he sure realized they were in for a lot of profits. He's in the business of making money first, just like Rush or O'Reilly.

Moore is a PIG and the islamic radicals will play roly/poly with his head one day.

• Michael Moore is a tool. Not all of us "Liberals" worship him like you wish we would.