poor service from mfi kitchen,can i claim any money back?

i have a kitchen plus fitted from mfi ,very very poor service from them as i ihave it done on march this year and till now,the glass shelves still not been put up yet althought i rang them up so many times i lost count ,they said will send the person who done the fitting for me come back and put it up,but notthing happend?? just so frustrating....i want to claim some money back cause they charge me alot of money from fitting! can u help me?? thanks very much.

• Becci
    Favorite Answer

my mum and dad had the same problem with mfi, payed 10grand for a lovely new kitchen last march and its falling apart, they tried numerous times to get someone back out to fix the problems, someone did come out in the end...but didnt actually fix anything.

in the end my mum got fed up, got free advice from citizens advice, they acted on behalf of my parents....and they came out within a week to fix it...think my mum even got vouchers, but she sold them on ebay!!

They have provided goods that are not of merchantable quality or fit for the purpose for which they were sold.

What good is a cabinet with no shelves? How is it a fitted kitchen if it remains unfitted?

I would first write to the Managing Director of MFI and give them 7 days to put it right.

If no response ask them to come and collect the entire kitchen and demand a full refund of the cost plus to refit the original kitchen to the same state it was in before they commenced work (or equivalent to).

Keep a copy of these letters of complaint.

Then go see a solicitor. For a small fee they will write a letter on your behalf threatening legal action if they don't supply you with what you thought you had purchased.

If it comes to it, take them to court. That will cost them a hell of a lot more than fixing the original problem by giving you the glass shelves

Its simple , its not fit for purpose and not of merchantable quality.

Not being noisey but did you have it on finance because you can get finance company involved also as they at the moment own more of the kitchen than you do.

Trading standards need to be informed and get them involved.

MFI dont like bad publicity , tell every one, local press etc but tell MFI what you are going to do .,keep also a file of all phone calls and letters , you need evidence and lots of it.Write to MFI 1 last time highlighting all problems and give them one last chance to put it right. Tell them after that you will be taking it further e.g. press etc

You need to send them a letter saying "time is of the essence" and that you need the job completed in 28 days, otherwise you will be seeking compensation.

You cannot claim all your money back as the bulk of the job is done and the kitchen is "fit for purpose"

Absolutely true in the material sense only. I've known many people from poor to rich. My experience has been that the ones with the most material wealth were the poorest in terms of happiness. On the other hand, I've known many poor people in the material sense who were extremely happy with an insatiable zest for life.

Try going to trading standards ..the store will shift its backside when they get in touch on your behalf..Also keep track of any costs that you incurr ie.calls,postage,days off etc and then threaten to take them to small claims court for reimbursement..Good Luck.

contact a solicitor and ask about the supply of goods and services act. if it stated when you bought it full fitting then you should expect it to be done within reasonable time. they are not delivering on their promise.

best thing to do is either have a lawyer write a letter or even sometimes you can just threaten with one also threaten with Better Business Bureau your entitled to accurate sevice in a timely manner